Thursday, July 23, 2009

Brest, France.......i definitely want to go back and sail

traveling by train from place to place was probably one of the most memorable parts of the trip


eating breakfast where we stayed


had just finished the book eat, pray, love.....could not think of a better time in my life to read this book...it is amazingly good
where we stayed in Brest.....it has farmhouses dating back to the late 1700s
early morning sunrise 




on the train I was sitting across from a very interesting local that seemed to be a professor but he reminded me a lot of my grandfather that passed away a couple of years ago which i found very intriguing
larry on the right sleeping on the train


the coast of Brest





The essence of Brest cannot be photographed. Brest is a place you have to go and see for yourself. *this photo above reminds me of a style of photo that my fellow photographer friend from college would photograph, her name is Heidi von Harringa, she is a wonderful photographer



my grandmother











a lighthouse, i am obsessed with lighthouses





This was the coolest thing I have ever done in my life. The photo does not do it justice on how adventurous this stone contraption was. It was high off the rocky shore and narrow getting to the shelter at the end of it. It was very windy that day too which made a lot more daring. 



train leaving for Brest.....

No comments: